What you’ll be doing…
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
A Verizon Connect Internship—which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program—will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You’ll work in a fascinating innovative group that focuses on developing next generation Telematics, data science, and automotive proof of concepts.
As a Product Management MBA Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
- Evaluate new product lines or emerging technologies including: conducting deep competitive analysis of proposed product ideas, evaluating emerging threats, opportunities, niche players and competitors, assessing sales and customer interest, and building business models.
- Support product owners in managing existing products including: evaluating product financial impact and business continuity, financial modeling, securing support from leadership, and preparing executive-level presentations.
- Provide operational support, track product key performance indicators, identify product and customer issues, and work with cross functional teams to resolve issues.
- Prepare and outline product roadmaps and lifecycle.
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans.
- Influence the strategic direction for selected product lines.
- Conceptualize new product solutions and evaluate business potential.
- Market your skills at the executive level within a world-class technology company.
- Participate in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings directly as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a MBA program concentrating in Marketing, Market Research, Business or Data Analytics, Product Management, or a related field, with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2022.
- Four or more years of work experience within Marketing, Product Development, Product Management, Business or Data Analytics, or a related field.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: competitive analysis, customer requirements analytics/management and product management – pricing, positioning, requirements, distribution, marketing and launch, market research.
- Knowledge of consumer, enterprise or telecom products and market.
Strong technical knowledge.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
How to Apply
Students must apply directly to Verizon’s website to be considered.
Search for title of opportunity at www.verizon.com/campus