The Product (Offering) Manager for Custom Thermal provides subject matter expertise and market knowledge for the Custom Data Center, Commercial, and Industrial Air Handling unit market and product portfolio. The Offering Manager understands the market, competitive landscape, and the technical details of the product. The Offering Manager works with the SR. Manager/Director on the roadmap and supports the execution through the product development process. The Offering Manager is responsible for supporting the ongoing sustaining product management for the custom thermal business throughout its product lifecycle.
- Develop detailed requirements for new product requirements based on Voice of the Customer and understanding of their product usage and buying journey.
- Work with the Sr. Manager/Director and Offering teams to align messaging and product direction with the full offering portfolio.
- Develop the launch plan and execute with cross functional regional teams for new products and custom thermal capabilities in the Americas region.
- Support the Sr. Manager / Director for custom marketing in developing business case(s) for new product and capabilities needed to support the custom thermal business.
- Provide “train the trainer” content for the regional sales and deliver training to support new launches.
- Develop product collateral with support from cross functional teams to support new product launches and sustaining product evolutions to include presentations, product demos, competitive comparisons, product documentation, and other sales enablement tools.
- Act as a sales escalation point for complex customer opportunities.
- Attend tradeshows, visit customers, meet with partners and LVO’s to ensure an accurate voice of customer is heard in all product plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or related field; MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a product management role
- Strong Technical knowledge of custom air handling unit products and applications
- Experience working with customers and field sales teams
- Technical expertise to translate customer needs/pain points to solutions.
- Strong written/oral communication, especially in communicating customer needs.
- Very strong research and analytical skills.
- Effectively communicates technical information and complex ideas.
Vertiv is a $4 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers’ vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.