The E3 Strategic Finance Development Program is a highly selective opportunity to work on challenging and impactful projects to drive Walmart’s global business forward. This is a chance to be part of the largest retail transformation in history. As Walmart continues to adapt alongside shifting customer preferences, we need a robust pipeline of talented leaders with the strategic, analytical, and change management skills to deliver on our mission: to help people save money so they can live better. The E3 Program is critical way Walmart builds that pipeline.
E3 Program Overview:
E3 is a rotational leadership and development program designed to accelerate the careers of our associates. The E3 Program will allow you to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and grow your skills through professional development.
· Experience: Minimum of two 6-month rotations across business areas in Walmart US, eCommerce, Sam’s Club, International, and Corporate functions. For selected candidates, E3s also have the opportunity to rotate internationally or as part of an in-store management immersion.
· Exposure: Collaborative environment facilitates access to senior leaders through executive roundtables and immersion experiences in our stores and supply chain.
· Education: Mentoring, ongoing technical skill development, and individual coaching.
What can you expect from your rotations?
Each role is a mix of data analysis, financial modeling, strategic decision support, and initiative implementation. Examples include:
· Store Automation: build dynamic financial models to measure and influence capital allocation for multiple robotics initiatives and recommend rollout sequence.
· Merchandise Optimization: Analyze merchandise categories to optimize inventory configuration and identify where Walmart should grow, contract, or shift online.
· Omni-Channel Planning: Work across Operations teams to create, communicate, and incentivize annual profit and loss targets at the intersection of eCommerce and stores.
Following your rotations, you will be placed in a part of the business aligned with your interests, skills, and the team’s needs.
· Master of Business Administration (MBA)
· 3 years of professional experience in financial, quantitative, or strategic roles
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience presenting to leadership
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be comfortable in ambiguity
· Strategic thinking with strong problem-solving skills and common business acumen
· Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, comfort with large datasets
· Authorization to work in US without restrictions
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 270 million customers and members visit our more than 11,700 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2020 revenue of $54 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide and continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy, and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/ Walmart, and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
About Bentonville, Arkansas
Bentonville, Ark. is nestled in the Ozark Mountains approximately 20 miles from Fayetteville and the University of Arkansas. It is a thriving and growing community with lots of options to dine, play and stay, including nearby rivers, lakes, bicycle and walking trails, a world-class museum and award winning restaurants.