Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world’s access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this Financial Analyst role, you’ll:
- Support forecasting, budgeting, business planning and analysis for a subset of the Hardware Engineering team
- Build and maintain rigorous analytical tools and reporting to measure business results, key success metrics, financial performance, and support forecasting leveraging core systems infrastructure as appropriate and creating new capabilities as required
- Create strategic business cases and work closely with technical partners
- Collaborate, support and advise business partners on strategic and financial aspects of the business with an eye to financial goals
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaborate across the Waymo Finance team and with other Alphabet Finance functions to drive efficient and effective processes and analyses
- Project manage several company-wide initiatives to drive cross-functional decision making and communications to achieve business goals
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a quantitative field, MBA preferred; 5+ years of business and finance experience including 3+ years of finance experience in an industrial, hardware, logistics or equivalent environment
- A strong understanding of finance and accounting concepts
- Ability to leverage data from available systems (ERP, materials databases) to create and report out KPIs
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses complemented with a high tolerance for ambiguity. Effective problem solver and ability to drive multiple projects
- Familiarity with Plx, SAP financial data systems / architecture and proficiency with modeling and presentation software
- Detail oriented with strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written