Have a Skype interview scheduled?
Check out YouTern’s article and an awesome infographic highlighting tips for timing, your profile, the technical aspects to consider, your professional appearance during the interview, the overall environment and your surroundings or setting and the notes to have on hand during your session. Here’s just a small sample of pointers addressed on the infographic:
- Check the time zones and don’t be late.
- Know who is calling whom.
- Have a backup plan in case something goes wrong.
- Make sure your screen profile is correct and presentable before any contact details are exchanged.
- Do a test with your mic and video feed prior to the interview start.
- Pause any downloads or updates to your computer during the session.
- Wearing a headset can reduce background noise.
- Dress as you would for a face-to-face interview.
- Try to look directly at the camera rather than your on-screen image.
- Ask roommates/family members not to disturb you during the call.
- The background setting should be unobtrusive and clutter-free.
- Have your application documents, pen and paper available for quick reference or notes.
Click here for great tips to review before your next Skype interview.